Here are some pieces by, or featuring, members of the Toronto Science Policy Network.
Sivani Baskaran and Dhanyasri Maddiboina co-published an editorial on the need for sustainable federal support for equity, diversity, and inclusion in research.
- Jina Kum and Maegan Ong co-published an editorial on Budget 2021 and the outlook for Canadian science.
- Sivani Baskaran spoke at the International Network for Government Science Advice 2021 panel on next generation researcher groups. Watch it here.
Members of TSPN published a paper in The Wildlife Professional.
TSPN took part in a panel at the Canadian Association for Graduate Studies’ 58th Annual Conference looking at the impact of COVID-19 on graduate students.
- TSPN organized a panel at the 2020 Canadian Science Policy Conference focusing on the impacts of COVID-19 on the next generation of scientists.
- Farah Qaiser co-published an editorial on challenges & opportunities for the next generation in developing a science policy career during a pandemic.
TSPN’s COVID-19 Graduate Student Report was featured in various platforms. Read more here.
Multiple TSPN members penned an op-ed in University Affairs to highlight the critical role of research trainees in Canada, and the need for greater support amid COVID-19. Read it here.
#VoteScience Campaign Coverage (August to November 2019)
- Multiple TSPN members penned an editorial about the #VoteScience campaign at the Canadian Science Policy Centre. Read it here. (November 2019)
- Farah Qaiser and Frank Telfer published an op-ed on why science should be an important matter in the 2019 federal elections. Read it here. (September 2019)
- Amid the #VoteScience campaign, TSPN members spoke in various forms of media, including Nature News, The Narwhal, the Science Sucks podcast, Raw Talk Podcast, The Varsity and the National Observer.
Interested in forming a science policy group at your school? Here’s a how to guide from Farah Qaiser and Molly Sung. Read it here.
Farah Qaiser and Molly Sung partnered with SPE’s Tina Gruosso and Marie Franquin on an op-ed about the 2019 federal budget. Read it here.
Molly Sung and Ellen Gute were interviewed at the Canadian Science Policy Conference 2018. Click here to watch their interview.